Quality Control Technician
About Token Naturals
Token Naturals is an Edmonton-based independent cannabis company, creating products for companies and consumers. We make our own branded cannabis products for the recreational market and we serve industry clients with white label products and contract manufacturing.
Our company is powered by people. We take a values-forward approach and our community spirit is high. We offer a flexible work environment and a fun and friendly team compiled of individuals from all backgrounds and demographics. We’re proud to be an organization that champions diversity. Token is minority-led and majority owned by shareholders who identify as visible minorities and/or women.
We are hiring a Quality Control Technician for our dynamic QA department at Token’s Edmonton facility. The role is responsible for implementation and ongoing monitoring of quality control checks in strict compliance with Health Canada’s Cannabis Regulations. Findings documented in the quality records and reported to QA team. This position will be in the production and packaging areas and interact with all departments within the facility.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Follow and enforce GPP requirements in all areas of the facility
- Quality control of incoming cannabis products, ingredients, and packaging from third party suppliers
- Verify incoming and outgoing cannabis shipments including receipt conditions (tamper seals, verify weights, confirm amounts received with documentation received, list documents missing, etc.)
- Verify for the all out-going cannabis shipments that the master casing, labeling, and packaging are properly performed
- When required, re-count and verify the individual units in master casing
- Report to Senior QA staff in timely manner about any issue observed during packaging activities or any non-compliance situation in secured storage room.
- Pre and post operational sanitation, line clearance, and critical control point checks
- Product manufacturing checks, including but not limited to, weight checks, verification of sealing process, random GPP inspections
- Document data and findings for all processes and report back to QA
- Perform in process, and static inventory checks
- Quality control of end products in accordance with the frequency set forth by QA
- Support QA team with documentation gathering
- Verify receipts and shipments in ERP to maintain accurate inventory
- Inspect destruction and sample areas routinely as directed by QA
- Assist QA in updating SOPs and batch records to reflect current processes
- Document and report deviations to QA and assist in documentation
- Participate in internal CAPA and quality investigations
- Other related duties as required
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills and conflict management
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- ERP experience and knowledge an asset
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Able to work on your feet most of the day
- Able to lift 30-40 lbs.
- Have a good understanding of the Canadian Cannabis Regulations and GPP
- Previous working experience in Cannabis industry is preferred
- English speaking
- Onsite; Warehouse, GPP facility
- No travelling required
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Please send resume applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.