$20/hour; 20-40 hours weekly
About Token Naturals
Token Naturals is an Edmonton-based independent cannabis company, creating products for companies and consumers. With a Standard Processing licence from Health Canada, Token’s central Edmonton facility focuses on extract and derivative products. We serve B2B clients with white label and contract manufacturing, and have our own consumer lines in the cannabis beverage space.
Our company is powered by people. We take a values-forward approach and our community spirit is high. Ours is a startup environment, which means that we each often wear many hats to meet the company goals; the job will not be siloed nor rigid. We offer a flexible, remote-heavy work environment and a fun and friendly team compiled of individuals from all backgrounds and demographics. We’re proud to be an organization that champions diversity. Token is minority-led and majority owned by shareholders who identify as visible minorities and/or women.
The Production Worker reports to the Production Lead. This role will support the creation of a new cannabis processing facility in a start-up environment and as such is a unique opportunity.
The Production Worker will assist with production of high‑quality cannabis products. They will focus on assisting with the development and optimization of cannabis processing. They will also be responsible for documenting activities in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
The ideal candidate will be ambitious, have a professional disposition, and be committed to continuous learning and improvement in a fast-paced industry.
This role will work out of a facility in central Edmonton. This is an hourly position. Hours will vary from 20-40 hours per week depending on the requirements of the clients. Full time will be offered to the candidate based on performance. Experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Production Leads and other production specialists on downstream processing to create various cannabis products
- Operate, clean and maintain equipment
- Work at a fast pace to produce product according to deadlines
- Support other team members as required
- Assist with setup, implementation, and optimization of production equipment
- Follow SOPs and formulae in preparing cannabis topicals, pre-mix ratio formulations, MCT oils and various products
- Maintain inventory records, document equipment maintenance and manage consumables through the cannabis Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Update and input data into the cannabis ERP system
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance Manager and coordinators for sign off on all production records and quality checks as implemented through the cannabis ERP system
- Make sure all operations meet the necessary technical, facility and safety requirements
- Work with a collaborative attitude and perform within a cross-functional team environment
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Cannabis Act is preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates with related working experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of proper handling and disposal of harmful chemicals, substances and waste
- Hardworking and able to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Dependable and reliable
- Respects shift start times
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills
- Highly detail-oriented, adaptable and task-oriented
- Ability to carry out routine tasks with a consistent attention to detail Able to supply acceptable
- Criminal Record check Clearance required
- Health Canada Security Clearance check required
- Ability to work various shifts when required.
We provide accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. Applicants must be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
To apply: Applicants should send a resume and introductory cover letter to email@example.com