Quality Assurance Internship
Required immediately. Internship length 9 to 12 months.
About Token Naturals
Token Naturals is an Edmonton-based independent cannabis company, creating products for companies and consumers. With a Standard Processing licence from Health Canada, Token’s central Edmonton facility focuses on manufacturing. We serve B2B clients with white label and contract manufacturing, and have our own consumer lines in the cannabis beverage space.
Our company is powered by people. We take a values-forward approach and our community spirit is high. Ours is a startup environment, which means that we each often wear many hats to meet the company goals; the job will not be siloed nor rigid. We offer a flexible, remote-heavy work environment and a fun and friendly team compiled of individuals from all backgrounds and demographics. We’re proud to be an organization that champions diversity.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Coordinator Intern, overseen by the QA Manager, and will be instrumental in supporting the company’s period of growth by helping to coordinate the overall QA and Quality Control (QC) activities related to manufacturing, processes, facilities, and systems that conform to quality standards and regulations. Additionally, they will assist with coordinating internal and external audits and various related activities as instructed by the QA senior staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and assist in implementation of the company Quality Management System (QMS), and ensure compliance with Health Canada Cannabis Act and Regulations.
- Review, create and update the relevant documentation system as instructed.
- Assist in Audit Program to include inspection of company facilities, utility systems and products and suppliers of key materials and services.
- Monitor and report on all activities, processes, and procedures relative to production and GPP operations.
- Assist in updating and maintenance of material inventories’ records and storage room records.
- Perform cleaning validation activities before and after the manufacturing activities as per set SOP.
- Perform regular inspections and reviews to ensure employees adhere to quality and safety policies.
- Assist with the development of company policies, processes, and procedures.
- Conducting or assisting with regulatory and quality training sessions.
- Preparing and maintaining quality management documentation.
- Degree/diploma in a related field
- 2+ years of experience working with quality systems
- Fully knowledgeable about GPP or GMP industry standards
- Proficiency in quality management systems and QA documentation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in English
- Skilled in Microsoft products (Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.), especially in the Office Suite such as Word and Excel
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Because this position is funded through NRC IRAP’s Youth Employment program, eligible candidates must match the following criteria:
- 15 to 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- a post-secondary graduate
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada or person granted refugee status in Canada
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations
- a first-time participant in a Youth Employment and Skills Strategy work experience program targeted at post-secondary graduates
- Passionate about or interested in the Canadian cannabis industry
We provide accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. Applicants must be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
To apply: Applicants should send a resume and introductory cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.