About Token Naturals
Token Naturals is an Edmonton-based independent cannabis company, creating products for companies and consumers. With a Standard Processing licence from Health Canada, Token’s central Edmonton facility focuses on extract and derivative products. We serve B2B clients with white label and contract manufacturing, and have our own consumer lines in the cannabis beverage space.
Our company is powered by people. We take a values-forward approach and our community spirit is high. Ours is a startup environment, which means that we each often wear many hats to meet the company goals; the job will not be siloed nor rigid. We offer a flexible, remote-heavy work environment and a fun and friendly team compiled of individuals from all backgrounds and demographics. We’re proud to be an organization that champions diversity. Token is minority-led and majority owned by shareholders who identify as visible minorities and/or women.
The Production Specialist reports to the Production Manager. This role will support the creation of a new cannabis processing facility in a start-up environment and as such is a unique opportunity.
The Production Specialist will assist with production of high‑quality cannabis products. They will focus on assisting with the development, implementation and optimization of cannabis processing of cannabis concentrates for various downstream applications. The Production Specialist should be ambitious, have a professional disposition, and be committed to continuous learning and improvement in a fast-paced industry.
This role will work out of a facility in central Edmonton. This is a full-time, permanent position. Within the constraints of the laboratory and refinery production schedule, there is opportunity for flexible working hours within the constraints of the production schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate, clean, and maintain equipment
- Assist with setup, implementation, and optimization of production equipment
- Follow SOPs and formulae in preparing cannabis extracts, topicals, pre-mix ratio formulations, MCT oils and various products
- Communicate results to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Work with a collaborative attitude and perform within a cross-functional team environment
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- High school diploma, related post-secondary education is considered an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates with related working experience
- Proven problem solver in a team environment
- Able to supply acceptable Criminal Record check
- Able to clear Health Canada Security Clearance check
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills
- Highly detail-oriented, adaptable and task-oriented
- Ability to carry out routine tasks with consistent attention to detail
- WHIMIS training is an asset
Applicants must be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
To apply: Applicants should send a resume and introductory cover letter to email@example.com