About Token Naturals
Token Naturals is an Edmonton-based independent cannabis company, creating products for companies and consumers. We make our own branded cannabis products for the recreational market and we serve industry clients with white label products and contract manufacturing.
Our company is powered by people. We take a values-forward approach and our community spirit is high. We offer a flexible work environment and a fun and friendly team compiled of individuals from all backgrounds and demographics. We’re proud to be an organization that champions diversity. Token is minority-led and majority owned by shareholders who identify as visible minorities and/or women.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The Marketing Manager will lead marketing efforts to execute on varied stakeholder engagement goals. The role will report into the VP, Communications and will work closely with the Sales Manager and external agencies. The person best suited to this role has experience as a marketing generalist or has experience in multiple verticals within the marketing and communications worlds.
As Marketing Manager, you’ll develop and own the marketing and content strategies for Token’s branded cannabis lines, and for Token Naturals as a service provider. This role will cover areas that intersect with communications and sales tasks, so you should be comfortable supporting those areas. You’ll need to navigate tight regulatory restrictions on marketing initiatives, but beyond those limitations you’ll enjoy a strong sense of ownership and freedom to identify and execute on initiatives to support overarching company goals.
You should be skilled at working independently, comfortable in a dynamic environment, and able to create and manage your own schedule. This role will have flexibility to work from home or from our offices in central Edmonton. Days at the facility to capture content, work directly with the team, and more will be necessary. This is a full-time position that offers flexibility within a results-driven framework. Candidates living in Edmonton will have preference, however candidates within Alberta that have frequent access to Edmonton will also be considered.
- Manage social media accounts, owning strategy and execution
- Create and post content with support of graphic designer; interact with/respond to community members; flag issues
- Identify and interact with online influencers
- Create, distribute and track newsletters/email marketing campaigns
- Generate ideas for marketing campaigns that can drive sales in-store, online and with provincial boards
- Create product descriptions and messaging
- Create collateral needed to support sales, in tandem with graphic designer
- Create and manage product learning modules
- Create templates, forms and other documents
- Identify new product ideas based on market data and opportunities in tandem with the Sales Manager
- Coordinate and execute educational and/or promotional events
- Collect content at events
- Promote events as applicable
- Support on third-party event sponsorship opportunities
- Execute employee events such as town halls
- Collection and reporting of marketing-related analytics
- Execute or supervise on-site content capture as needed (photography, videography, live feeds, etc.)
- Create and distribute employee surveys
- Support on development of various presentations
- Ideate and bring to life new merchandise/team swag options
- 5+ years of experience in marketing and/or communications roles (or equivalent)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience in digital marketing across a range of channels
- Up-to-date on social platforms, with experience in social media strategy and management
- Experience crafting and applying brand stories
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative and work well in teams or individually
- Ability to think critically and multitask
- Experience planning and running events
- Experience in marketing and/or communications in the consumer packaged goods space – bonus points for cannabis or another heavily regulated industry
- Working knowledge/experience in/love for the cannabis industry
- Experience with in-store marketing will be considered a major plus
- Excellence in Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Photography and videography skills for the purposes of social media
Please send resume applications to email@example.com.